Sunday 1 January 2012

teamwork

for the next few lunge sessions, Gaynor will lunge Monf, and I will lunge Charlie. Because Monf isn't listening to me at all and being a right stubborn g** and I can lunge Charlie no bother.....

Mind if you'd seen Monf's paces once he did decide to cooperate .. wow.

We'd decided not to ride and it had been raining on and off all day and it was unclear whether it would rain again, or not... lunging safer, easier to dash back to stable if necessary!

and my lightweight green check Fal rug is now leaking... I've had it a few years, so owes me nothing, but a shame, i might see if another reproofing will help but often if they've been proofed once, they don't proof well again.... and I've liked that rug, but can't replace it as it isn't made any more .. (plus, got it cheap in local factory shop, which also isn't there any more i don't think...)

2 comments:

  1. The perfect rug is like the perfect running shoe - you find one you really like that fits well but then they stop making it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea about the lungeing switch. Maybe that will be enough to change Monfils's mind about doing some work.

    Sad about the sheet. I hate when that happens. Not sure whether the loss of the rug or the soggy horse is the worse result, however.

    ReplyDelete