Saturday 31 December 2011

hurray!

actually rode! and actually got him to move!

that last ended up taking really getting after him, but since nothing else was working.......ended up having some nice trot, sometimes controlled and sometimes a shade not, a very marching walk (MUCH better than standing still, LOL) and cramp in my left calf, but hey.....

Pleased, it's weeks since i did ride what with the odd upper body problem (me) and weather issues (generally) and i was a tad nervous.. Got someone to help with the mounting, not worth getting us both wound up if that proved problematic...

had hoped to ride yesterday, but no sooner started getting ready to go to the yard than the heavens opened - we all got soaked, and when i got to the swimming pool later i was peeling wet breeches off, and had to leave them on a radiator to dry whilst i swam.....

hoping the weather stays reasonable for tomorrow and monday (back to work tuesday)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I was thinking about riding today and wore myself out stripping the stalls instead.

    And you're swimming--another thing I need to do. But I am pretty sure the pool was closed over the holiday week as it is at a college.

    Good start for the New Year, I think. And Monfils seems to agree. *G*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news, hope it sets the tone for a positive 2012 with Monf, all the best x

    ReplyDelete