Saturday 18 September 2010

tackshop visit! and old glasses

partner wanted to go to get some strong disinfectant ... so of course i was pleased with that. didn't spend anything, although looked a the clothes sale rails! and told my fracture story as i hadn't been in there since i did it!, but lass in the shop selling an interesting looking dales cross that is, unfortunately, a shade over my budget and also she would prefer he went to a jumping home, as he loves his jumping...

and it turned out that i damaged my specs in the fall - could see a gap between the left lens nd the frame - so they had to go in to be repaired and i'm therefore wearing my old pair, which of course aren't so good anymore! i'm going to get a headache until the new ones come back.

could have been worse, though! at least i didn't smash them totally

3 comments:

  1. Not so great about the specs, hope your usual pair are mended up soon. On the bright side, this enforced break (no pun intended!) will give you more penny-saving and horsey-hunting time.

    I am late to the party regarding natives, but want to reiterate what everyone else has said regarding Dales. Also, don't forget the other oft-overlooked Fell and Exmoor. The latter may be a bit small but perhaps you could find an over-height unregistered one for not too much? I wish my legs and back were shorter and I've have proper ponies instead :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best glasses are prescription but I have many pairs lying around that are just over-the-counter variety - good for when the others can't be found.

    Regarding horse breeds - I hear from many that ID adds a very safe dimension to a horse's temperament. Tetley is 1/4 ID. Course that makes them rather large. BTW we have a, shall we say, independent minded exmoor at Keeble (in Cambridge). Also a friend, also in Cambridge, has a Welsh, section something or other, and he is crazy at times, unrideable but that may be the individual, not the breed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second the vote for an ID, lovely horses, wouldn't mind one myself!

    ReplyDelete