Sunday 19 September 2010

different breeds - and shortish walks...

i'd thought welshie, but one does hear interesting things about their temperament

i know some nice irish draughts, so wouldn't be averse, but probably larger than i'm looking for now... got to think about the aging bones!

hadn't thought of the fell - surely too small?

this afternoon went for a walk - 2.6 miles total, to belmont viaduct which is a railway viaduct over the River wear near Durham, unused now

more of a struggle than we thought it would be as some of the path is collapsing, glad i had walking pole! but glad to be out!

and tracked it on endomondo on the way back (forgot when we set off that i should!), an app i'm rather liking! even if it does make it look as though we walked inthe middle of the river! we actually did double this distance, therefore.

Looking forward to being able to track future hacks...

partner picked some blackberries so crumble later in the week, i think! even if i do get to eat it all myself!

two nights running, no hot chocolate - we forgot to get some at the shops yesterday, and forgot again today! doh.

6 comments:

  1. NO hot chocolate??? What will you do? *G*

    Sounds like a lovely walk. I think all the blackberries around here dried up in the drought. Glad you are up and about and not sitting home feeling sorry for yourself.

    No help on those horse breeds either. They are not common around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you'll hear varying reports about all breeds but likewise hear interesting things about straight and part-bred Welshies. A friend's part-bred put me in hospital three times :s

    I will admit I'm not sure of the height range of the Fell, there are some where we were liveried until very recently and I'd have ridden them. I'd have looked daft and lanky on board of course, I guess it depends on your proportions. IDs are wonderful but I suspect perhaps also a little broad across the back? A part-bred (like Tetley) would be a terrific all-rounder.

    Is it blackberry time already? Guess it's one of the highlights of Autumn, enjoy the crumble :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't say a full Welshie, Claire. Much as i love Ted he is a tricky little soul and can drive me mad, and i have known of too many with similar health issues to feel that it is a coincidence :-/ Highland or highland x?? A friend of mine has just bought 2 lovely foals, think you might have seen pics on EE?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmmm Hot chocolate.....Blackberries and a lovely walk BLISS.......Do you believe in fate Claire I am sure the right horse will come along...not what you thought and out of the blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the hot chocolate is probably one of the reasons i am the weight i am! whatever it currently is, but too much...

    Highland cross maybe, but think highland would be too wide as well.


    Danni, I've ridden Tetley ....a superstar! there's not too many of him in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so agree! And I feel very lucky indeed to have him. He's even more adaptable than anyone imagined! I do get sore though if I sit on him for more than an hour (or maybe less).

    ReplyDelete