Wednesday 7 August 2013

schooling in the field

it was Gaynor's day today ... i went down to give her the money for the farrier, for tomorrow ... and saw them set off ... field having more space and no stones! than the arena.....

she tells me he took a while to settle

however, before that, he bit her when she was girthing up, same side he bit me in a few weeks ago - that is, his right, the offside...

mmmmmm

IMHO, he only will do that because something hurts....

so, you may well be right, jean, and i shall investigate ulcer meds...

1 comment:

  1. Sensitivity on the right side is a symptom. By the by they say as many as 80% of working horses have ulcers. The racetrack is exactly the kind of place that causes them. Wish I had known about ulcers when I had PJ--all the information out there is too recent. I am sure he had ulcers. What a difference I could have made in his life if I'd known then what I know now.

    ReplyDelete