Tuesday 17 July 2012

it was dry!

happily, until about 10 minutes after i got home after being able to ride, mop my fevered brow :-)

went ok

particularly impressed that he stood to be mounted (mind, before i got on gaynor had to point out that the hat i had on was NOT my riding hat...oops!)

couple of sticky moments, largely rider error through trying too hard!  but i can see/feel that he is already getting the point about the contact and he was showing a nice curve in his neck (from what i could see from above, LOL!)

lots of distractions, which we didn't wholly succeed in working through - horses being brought in, taken out, ridden past, involved stopping for the distraction of it, very annoying, and thus resulting in my getting slightly tense and thus him stopping more than he was already inclined to do, if you see what i mean..

but overall happy.

quite why i didn't think to try gaynor's saddle is beyond me, didn't think until after tacked up and ready to go, and too much hassle to start again, so another night...

1 comment:

  1. Hope you swapped your hat for a helmet. I've done that, and once, only realized after I'd gone on a half hour hack. As soon as I noticed I had my regular hat on instead of the helmet, I jumped off and led my horse the rest of the way home. *Sigh*

    Glad you got some riding in and that the weather held off for a bit. You guys need a break over there. And you need to have some time to train your boy and put all those good lessons into effect.

    ReplyDelete