Sunday 25 March 2012

if i'd asked him ...

he wouldn't have done it

we didn't ride, but they both got bathed (monfils didn't get a very good one, because he refused to stand still) - but lots of walks out to graze.....and dry of

the last walk out was with Charlie, we went up to a field (not their normal grazing field, but one we ride through) with them in headcollars and lungelines...

Monfils - started trotting round me, LOL.

earlier, I'd been on another track, he had his leather head collar on that i bought less than 2 months ago - and it snapped! the strap just above the buckle!!!!! thank the lord he stayed with me, and you should have seen me trying to make some sort of loop with the lunge line round his face without spooking him ....

I'm hoping the receipt is still in the back of the car somewhere, I am well not happy!

2 comments:

  1. That was a close call. Hope you have the receipt so you can return the broken collar.

    I guess Monfils was feeling good if he tried to trot around you. Silly boy. Too chilly here for baths. I guess you still have some nice warm weather there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 months? Not what you expected I am sure. It's warm here as well and when I get time I will bathe Tetley too.

    ReplyDelete