Saturday 27 August 2011

a good day...

was had by monf, i think - at least, he seemed to have his head down the 3 times i drove past, and when i went to get him in he was muddy, and pleased to see me.

whether he was so keen to be kept in is another matter, but i need to let the wound be open to the air for a period, and i'm not prepared to turn him out without his new field chaps on as yet - even the vet agreed perhaps a good idea to protect them given that we cannot be totally sure the herd has settled down, and he had had a week out of the field, having only been there a week when the accident happened!

i spent the day fetching haylage and feed, and seemed to badly twinge a muscle at hte top of my left thigh, with teh resutl that i decided not to go swimming - walking was difficult when i moved the leg, so i couldn't see that swimming would be much better!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your twinge. After I went to the chiropractor yesterday, I did something to my back in all the hurricane prep, so I had to go back for another adjustment today. Seems as we get older, the barn chores get harder.

    Glad Monf was a happy camper...and muddy too! *G*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad monf sttled and had a good day munching, hope the twinge is better soon.

    ReplyDelete