Monday 30 May 2011

without the nappy

always find that none horsey people look at you as if you're mad talking about nappies in the context of horses feet, LOL (oh, diaper that is in the US...)

anyway, wanted to turn him out again but again forecast for more rain on and off, so again dry poultice with vetwrap and double layer of duct tape - my thinking being, the abscess can still drain, is kept clean, but at least the whole thing gets a chance to dry out again if it does get wet, rather than sitting in a bubble of wet all day...

2 comments:

  1. How are the other feet and his lump on his jaw doing Clare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, better yet....when I needed to poultice Tucker's hoof, I went to the store only to find all different sizes of diapers--nappies. Now I was really confused as I had no idea what size to buy.

    Then, bless her heart, a woman showed up toting a baby. Said baby's bottom was just about the right size to match Tucker's hoof. So I approached and asked what size her baby wore. She advised me and then asked how old the baby was I was buying for. Needless to say, my answer left us both laughing.

    I bet she had a good story to tell when she got back home! *G*

    ReplyDelete