Monday 17 January 2011

was that a first time?

That Monfils will have been lunged after dark in a flood lit arena?

i wouldn't be surprised, don't think they do a lot of that in race yards!

and he was very good about it, no spooking or anything - think he was a shade gobsmacked when i started taking rugs off and putting tack on, instead of producing tea! and probably helped by there being no wind to set the bushes off


he showed odd moments of relaxing his neck down, a fraction more than yesterday

still lunging with no roller/side reins, but i think i will have to introduce side reins on a long setting to show him the way

and then i went swimming - they've mended the heating, and if i don't go, I'm wasting my money paying for membership - so I've decide swim after horsing, even though it means more mileage nearly back to the office, but that way i end up coming home clean

1 comment:

  1. Great going! Every new experience is a plus for Monfy.

    Good thing I didn't take up a swimming membership as I'd planned. I wouldn't have been able to use it with this darn cold I have. Glad you are using yours!

    ReplyDelete