Saturday 11 September 2010

you know....

even if i did end up on the deck, riding that horse did show me that i did have the skill set and ability to stop him napping away from where i wanted to go (into field, past a scary tractor); that was the sort of thing i had lost confidence with due to it never working with molly ....

and when I'm mended-ish, riding with one hand will be good for my seat!

which reminds me, Jean - haven't got a cast on, have on of those wrist support things that have steel up the front and wrap round with Velcro closures... (linked to pic in an earlier post)


unfortunately, the bit that wraps over my thumb is rubbing and if I'm not careful I'll have a hole in the space between thumb and index finger!

and here is partner with a model cow on top of an esrth mound at a farm shop recently opened round the corner (well, last november they said, but we hadn't been that way for some time!)

4 comments:

  1. That was one good thing that came out of the experience.

    I agree with your comment on my blog that Chance would be the perfect horse for you...that's why he's the perfect horse for me in my retirement as well. It is so nice to have a horse I can just get on and enjoy without having to deal with "issues," or even worry about training.

    I know I will bring him along in the dressage, but it almost doesn't matter. He loves to go out hacking and so far has shown a really brave attitude about things. And, his gaits are very comfy to ride.

    He is a paint cross. Mommy was a paint--no breed details beyond color and daddy was an American Warmblood, a Belgium/TB cross. Chance got his Mom's size as dad was 17 H. His body balance looks like dad, though. Don't know who he got his disposition from. So Chance is branded and is registered as an American Warmblood. Kind of a "catch all" registry, I suspect. But that doesn't take an inch away from his attitude.

    Just exactly what you need, because he would do well in the show ring too. There must be one like him out there waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regrading the wrist brace...that's what I wore for a few weeks after my cast was off. Yes, they do rub. I THINK, if I recall, that I somehow used a tube sock with the toe cut off and a hole cut in it for my thumb as a cushion for the brace. The whole brace rubbed me, or at least irritated my skin.

    Wondering too if a piece of foam in the thumb hole would help. I'm feeling your pain in the meantime. I really hated that brace. But I guess with the surgical wounds on your arm they couldn't put a cast on as they needed to monitor the incision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. of course, Jean, why didn't i think of that? why didn't pharmacist think of that when i called in to chemist this afternoon! tubigrip! we have some somewhere! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks uncomfortable Claire.

    ReplyDelete