Thursday 12 August 2010

Leyburn/Middleham on Saturday

1 10 year old gelding

1 6 year old mare

possibly 1 3year old mare

All tb's in various stages of exit from training; there's a chap who is head lad at a yard who reschools them once they've been retired from racing..

decided against the one I saw posted on forum that I mentioned t'other night - fantastic PRE, an issue that is probably musculature due to poor schooling in his past (xrays showing nothing), owner now seriously ill; conclusion probably too "forward" for me - was SERIOUSLY tempting, though ....

in the meantime, here's Billy, the 17hh 3" bay i had 92 to 95

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely big chap, reminds me of my Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  2. he was gorgeous.. i've got a headshot somewhere..

    that's a nice chair seat i've got...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, he was enormous, I'd need a ladder.
    Good call re the PRE, not for you (or indeed perhaps anyone without knowing lots more about the injury)
    Hope the viewings go well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 17/3!!!!!! Whoa, that is big! I find 17 to be a problem sometimes, just not fitting into horse boxes and the like. Would love to see the head shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Billy how massive was he!!! This searching for a new horse is very exciting....I had a ex racing T/B he was my superstar BUT!! it was 15yrs ago :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Billy was one big boy!! I agree about needing a stepladder to get up on him. But he looks like a super horse.

    As for the PRE...temperament, soundness, training issues.....good call to take that one off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Billy is gorgeous! My kinda TB, and tall enough for me too *lol*

    As per the others, the PRE is a good one to cross of the list.

    Hope you have a fruitful day on Saturday, and agreeable weather too!

    ReplyDelete