Monday 22 October 2012

fog mist and mizzle...

the fog set in last night after i got home and turned into mizzle off and on today....some rain...

got to yard and M waiting at the gate for me, he was damp but warm...

bearing in mind he's unrugged but also unclipped, and now in a field with grass... it just proves that the horse's own coat can do a good job..

kept him in again now, i only turned him out last night as he was so keen to go.. if he's standing wanting to be in, then in he gets!

we're planning on clipping at the weekend...

although apparently they're forecasting snow!

2 comments:

  1. A horse's winter coat is really amazingly able to cope with all kinds of weather.

    I used to clip, but without an indoor and the horses right here, I can put a cooler on after a hard ride and let them dry, then go out later and groom them, so I don't need the clip job. I couldn't do that when I boarded away from home as waiting for a sweaty horse to dry off took forever and I simply could not stay at the barn for all the hours I'd need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mizzle - funny word.

    Snow here tonight and tomorrow too, though we probably won't get much. It was 26 C yesterday and now it might snow. I too am waiting to clip until it's a bit warmer.

    ReplyDelete