Sunday 15 April 2012

longlines

Jean's suggestion - thought to myself, haven't done that for a looooong time ... last time he was on long lines was when max came out and prior to that I'd been very unsuccessful with him on them.

so tacked him up for that......more successful than lunging has been, in any event, in that i did get quite a bit of movement (and several tangles round my own feet, lol!) some walk circles, and he was offering to walk his bad (right rein) direction a few times, which offers I took....

so something to work on.  think my lines are too lightweight, though - I got those as the clips fit through the rings on the roller, but there's not enough weight in them against his sides....

this was all after I'd done a days work - had to prepare a trial bundle and brief for counsel, and the free time at the office was not there  (for American readers, over here trial counsel is a barrister, different branch to mine, I'm a solicitor I do everything except present a case in court)

Gaynor is doing better - if she uses her left hand where she'd normally use her right, she can do a lot!  but not, of course, mucking out and such.

1 comment:

  1. Just a bit of practice with the long lines and you'll have it. It's great for horses that don't exactly want to go where you want them too on the lunge, because with a bit of effort, you can get them going in the right direction.

    Glad you tried.

    So it was Gaynor's right hand...I was wondering. The only way I could muck when I broke my left wrist was one handed picking and then a strap to my shoulder to hold the wheelbarrow's left handle so I could dump the manure. (Most of the time someone else did the mucking, but I had an emergency technique in place.) Wish Gaynor well from me. Sending vibes for an uncomplicated recovery and healing.

    ReplyDelete