Thursday 12 January 2012

it's my hip, not my back....

yesterday morning i started getting twinges in my back, felt muscular .. gradually got worse as the day went on, couldn't work out why..... time i got into the car to go to the yard it clearly wasn't good... back muscles seized up overnight to the extent that i could barely walk this morning .. the right leg proving difficult and the pain had been over the hip as well as the back when lying down (I'd ended up in the recliner, again!). so went to GP , and sat and waited until he could see me.... he could see the muscles all spasmed, but concluded after examination that it is more likely to be the hip that's the root of the problem than the back .. i could touch my toes and stuff, but straight leg raising on that side was very hard and limited, as was sideways movement of that leg, with pain in the hip area. so, stronger painkillers and waiting for Xray to send for me to get it xrayed.

this is the hip that had tronchanteric bursitis for years, and which i landed on when i had that smashing fall in august 2010......

and of course, ii sometimes then have to haul myself about and that puts consequential strain on the left shoulder ....

so hacked off, thought i was recovering from everything quite nicely!

so Gaynor had to sort Monf out for me today, and probably will have to tomorrow..

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how one joint misplaced or acting up can affect the entire body to the point that you have trouble figuring out just where the main problem lies.

    Hips can really be a pain in regard to horses. Every now and then mind acts up and I have to try to get off to "walk it off."
    Hope you feel better again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no Claire, sounds very painful. Hope it eases soon.

    ReplyDelete