Monday 3 October 2011

gales stopped play

although quite where that came from is anyone's guess - strong winds got up mid afternoon, just started raining when I got Monfils in ... no point even trying to get the mud off at that point! but of course, by the time I'd finished my chores (which involved dismantling and spreading out loosely the bale of haylage I'd just opened! due to the heat over the weekend...) he was dry and it had stopped raining - but it's going to again, and still seriously windy... and getting very dark very early. despite this happening every year, it always amazes me how noticeable it is from one week to the next ... happily, the same noticeability applies in the spring as well..

it was supposed to have been a hot day at 20 degrees C..... mmmph.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like being at the mercy of capricious weather. Hope you get some time to ride this week.

    ReplyDelete