Sunday 4 September 2011

roudn the 20 acre...

at a quick marching pace! Charlie could not keep up, and Monfils did not want to slow down ...all a bit stressful, but compared to molly's ideas on walking out, an improvement!

Decided the leg was improved enough for walking ridden work!

after that, we went in the arena for a bit - not doing anything exciting myself, but it was interesting giving Gaynor tips - at one point, she had him on the bit beautifully and i had been trying to explain the lack of need for hands - so I said, just turn your shoulders in - result, beautiful circle, whilst remaining on the bit. Gaynor = lightbulb.

not sure what I think of him with the new bit i bought... lozenge snaffle ...mm...

2 comments:

  1. My Thoroughbreds love the lozenge snaffles, but I do get the eggbutt so the bit is steadier in their mouths.

    Glad to hear Monfils is going back to work and has such a positive attitude about hacking out. I know that was important to you in a new horse. I think you have a winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he's back to work and with energy...great news.

    ReplyDelete