Sunday 25 September 2011

excellent stuff.....

New RI, trained by Heather Moffett and by Racinet's pupil in the states, so i had hopes....

and they were fulfilled.

as for me - i had, of course, forgotten a lot of what i used to know (i suppose understandable after loads of time NOT riding after injury!) and need, of course, to not ride Monfils the way i used to ride Molly - her issues are not his (if he has any apart from being clever..)

Raise the inside hand to get flexion and look where I'm going and stop being so damn busy! and to get the statue to move, again, raise the inside hand and then take him slightly off balance - job done

and when he gets to the point where he wants to take the contact down - let him...

and I'd started pulling back .baaaad me...

and i was blocking.

but i was more pleased for Gaynor, who had her first lesson in her life - a good rider, but needed more - and she was well made up (but needs a new saddle, so will be borrowing mine!)

4 comments:

  1. I too am working on encouraging Tetley to take the contact down. How fun to finally have a lesson and get some clear, easy solutions. Nothing like a good lesson to motivate you and give you a plan Clever Monfils - I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! It all seems so simple when you have a good trainer explain it in an understandable way. Sounds like a good lesson. And I'm happy for Gaynor as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great Claire, how I long for some ongoing training with a good instructor!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news Claire, sounds like a real find

    ReplyDelete