Friday 30 September 2011

eaten alive

by midges .....ggrrrhhhh could feel them crawling about my skin whilst i was riding...

didn't do a huge amount, and stopped once we'd managed twice round the arena on left rein ... default at the moment seems to be right rein, my feeling is it might be my balance, not sure...

anyway, one problem - the tip for getting movement/turning is lift the hand and turn the wrist so the knuckles are on top with fingers towards you ... which is fine right hand, but is not doing my left wrist any good at all....

so will have to send message to RI about that

and i do so wish someone had been able to video my lesson...

we've pretty much lost enough light for evening hacks now, save for a nip round the 20 acre, and that'll not be possible by the end of next week :-(. winter's coming in ... but at least the weather is good at the moment, despite the midges...

2 comments:

  1. We're losing light too. It's 6:30 and the sun has just set. But you will lose at a much faster rate than us. Ah, bugs - they do ruin a good time.

    You are probably doing this already but when going left it might help to look at the center of an imagined circle, inside shoulder back. Use that outside leg too. Sometimes Tetley gets stuck turning and if I use my outside leg he says, "Oh, that's what you want."

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are bugged out too. So much rain has given the insects ideal breeding conditions, I fear.

    Hope your RI has some good ideas to help the wrist issue. I'm sure there is a good answer.

    ReplyDelete