Wednesday 3 August 2011

7 attempts to mount...

and on the 8th, got some help!

he kept moving too far in front of the mounting block and then turning, of course, towards me! doh.

I think he'd anticipated going out with two others, but that wasn't happening - potential sharer trying a horse, accompanied by owner of horse to be shared on someone else's, not a hack to go out on! then watched two others being led out into field...

anyway, once I was on did some reasonable work in the arena, including trot on both reins.

left rein he puts me on the correct diagonal, right rein he doesn't, so that'll need work, but he's pretty well balanced considering all those years of going straight!

1 comment:

  1. I hope the mounting doesn't become and issue.

    Still, you ended up having a good ride so that's a big plus.

    ReplyDelete