Saturday 19 February 2011

testing testing

think he's at that point where he's testing me. ended up having someone hold him while i went back to stable to get pressure halter and line as he was planting heading tote arena.

I'd started off planning in hand work on the yard concrete; he wasn't cooperating so decided to go down to arena, and that wasn't in his game plan either, at which point i got the halter.

gave up on the idea of in hand and worked on moving away from pressure and in due course did get him to move away from the spinning rope. sadly, towards me, rather than round me, but since last time i tried that wasn't happening i suppose it's about progress.

but he's a stubborn one when he doesn't want to move!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds as if Monfy is going to be a bit of a challenge. He's just going to need some extra effort on your part, I think.

    ReplyDelete