Friday 7 January 2011

frozen door...

after a 1/2 hour this morning, I gave up trying to get the stable door open.

He still had some water left, I was able to hang a haynet to the ring just inside the door, was able to put some breakfast in over the door, and rang YO on the way to work....

it clearly came loose later - either warped or frozen, but would have needed a hammer, which i didn't have!

and i HATE having to muck out etc. after work! also not keen on making his tea up in front of him, but had to be done.

he was very good, I mucked out whilst he ate his tea. so long as I remember to remind him I'm coming past when I'm on my way out again, he's fine with it; if I forget to remind him I'm there, he'll pull a face, which frankly, is fair enough!

3 comments:

  1. Another one of those "joys" of winter horse management. I doubt I can get either one of my big end doors open on the barn. A least my tack room door and stall doors are under cover.

    Have to laugh an Monfy's making a face at you. Apparently he's going to be one of those horses perfectly willing to express his opinion about things. Which means that you are going to have to learn how to "read" him. I have a feeling he's going to be telling you a lot as you start to work him seriously. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I've never had frozen stable door, hope they can fix it that it doesn't happen again. Monfy sounds like he takes life in his stride, good omen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our outdoor doors are under an overhang so it seems that they won't get stuck shut (or open). Plus we tend to have dry snow that's loose and fluffy. So nice that Monfy's cool about everything.

    ReplyDelete