Monday 3 January 2011

bits

need to be sold and replaced.

the view is that, whilst the 4 1/2" won't kill him, it is in fact a shade narrow - he's just a tad wider in the mouth

i rather think myler don't do 4 3/4" don't think anyone does. I remember when i was looking for bits for Queenie, 5" was too narrow but 5 1/2" was too wide, and i finished up using a 5 1/4" that would normally have been part of a double....

happily, have a willing buyer for two of the bits, the other will do well on eBay (it's a popular pony size, LOL)

now if i could find my bit collection, I do HAVE a 5" somewhere.. the question is, where did i put them?

As to working him today - got all ready to lunge, walked him down to the arena - lessons .. followed by lessons.....and lessons in the afternoon as well... should have got up sooner! hadn't thought to check the board....

anyway, shoes off tomorrow, and just had email from my trimmer that she can come wednesday, YAY!

2 comments:

  1. What a relief to get the shoes off. He'll be tender but the soft, wet, winter ground should not be too uncomfortable. Last winter Tetley, barefoot, was very uncomfortable when the ground froze. It's wasn't flat but all chewed up from their footsteps, so his feet got bruised, so much so that he was off. So I had him shod for 3 or so months; now he is barefoot again and doing fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Similar problem that Mary Lou mentions with Tucker, but his problem lingered into the Spring and I've had his shoes on ever since. He's one of those horse that can't go barefoot. Hopefully Monfy will be fine.

    I end up keeping just about every bit I buy. And then, when I need one, I can never find it. Hope your 5" shows up soon. *G*

    ReplyDelete