Thursday 5 August 2010

Not that I have a fifth horse yet

But the next horse will be my fifth horse.

Previous horses I have owned were (in date order)

Marcus, the perfect first horse

Billy, a 17hh 3" gelding, gorgeous, but not right for me quite

Queen of Timber, TB mare

Molly, unregistered TB mare, Queenie's daughter by Golden Lahab.

Molly now retired, so this is the first post of the new blog - and the first thing to do is find a new horse.

As I said in my last post on Molly's blog, it's 1995 since I've looked fora new horse, and that was painless as I already knew Queenie and rang her owner up to see if she wanted to sell (given that she had two youngsters to bring on, seemed a plan).

Have had some interesting contacts, and have applied to Darley Rehoming - that's turning into a saga, filled in the online app twice but they didn't get either, so I created a word document tonight with all the info and emailed it over.

Got one interesting prospect in the pipeline relatively close to home, and am going to ride him Saturday lunchtimeish. So we'll see...

8 comments:

  1. that was quick, trudi! hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your report on your Saturday horse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi here too! Looking forward to a truly successful search and the wonderful results when you find the perfect horse.

    Be sure to post regularly. I'll be watching. *G*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire. We all seem to be making big changes - change is good if it is well thought out, which yours is. Good luck in finding your fifth horse.

    ReplyDelete